Sophisticated Legal Services, Personal Attention and Cost-Effective Counsel
Entrepreneurial services and business law attorneys at Rabner Baumgart Ben-Asher & Nirenberg, P.C. have extensive experience delivering innovative, strategic solutions to closely held businesses, entrepreneurs, equity holders, executives, senior sales personnel and service professionals in a wide range of industries in New Jersey.
Our firm affords our clients the caliber of attorneys found at larger law firms, while providing distinct advantages. Our business attorneys are graduates of highly rated colleges and law schools and have worked for other distinguished law firms. The firm offers reasonable legal fees and individualized representation. Our clients have regular, direct contact with the accomplished attorneys who personally address their concerns.
Serving a Broad Range of Companies, Industries and Corporate Leaders
Our business and entrepreneurial services group achieves the objectives of closely held businesses and their owners and executives in a variety of sectors of the economy. Our attorneys also help entrepreneurs grow our clients' businesses and service the legal needs of their ventures and investments. Executives trust us to assist them in obtaining appropriate compensation, including equity, in purchasing the businesses for which they work or in starting a competing business. In addition, we perform a broad range of transnational services including the purchase and sale of businesses and real property, as well as tax analysis.
Our attorneys work closely with our employment lawyers. We provide executives and others in senior positions with sophisticated advice concerning the implications of complex employment law issues, including those involving equity, incentive compensation and bonus-related issues. Our attorneys also represent employees, including those at the most senior-level in contract negotiations, including negotiations in which equity in the company is, or should be, involved. We engage in litigation and negotiation to enforce employee or shareholder rights and to obtain relief from post-employment restrictive covenants.
Representing Businesses and Executives from Start to Finish
Business, employment and entrepreneurial attorneys at our firm:
- Resolve disputes with partners, shareholders, employees, employers, competitors and vendors
- Negotiate executive employment contracts and severance packages, including complicated matters such as Change in Control and equity issues
- Advise regarding implications of non-compete, non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements
- Advise on intellectual property issues when starting or growing a business
- Draft and help enforce employment contracts and shareholder agreements
- Represent oppressed minority shareholder rights
- Handle business "divorce" litigation
- Negotiate resolutions for businesses and service professionals such as attorneys, accountants and physicians
- Assist management (individually or as a group) and third parties in acquiring all or part of an ongoing business, including providing legal advice on accounting and investment banking issues
- Assist managers in obtaining or collecting incentive compensation and profit-sharing or equity interests, including qualified or non-qualified stock options or grants
- Advise on structuring business ventures and transactions in the most advantageous manner under federal, state and international tax laws
- Structure agreements among equity participants in connection with the start-up, expansion or acquisition of closely held business entities
- Assist in the sale, purchase or restructuring of businesses
- Represent clients in the sale, purchase or lease of commercial real estate
- Prepare business and family succession plans
- Advise on long-term wealth preservation and management, coordinating with accountants and financial professionals
New Jersey business law attorneys
A History of Commitment in Representing Employees and Entrepreneurs
Clients rely on Rabner Baumgart Ben-Asher & Nirenberg, P.C. for the drive and perseverance our attorneys provide and the results we produce in employment discrimination, whistleblower retaliation, sexual harassment and other employment-related cases, as well as in our comprehensive representation of entrepreneurs and small businesses in corporate and commercial matters. From our welcoming office in Upper Montclair, we serve all of New Jersey and also represent clients employed in New York.