Sophisticated legal services, personal attention, cost-effective counsel
Entrepreneurial services and business employment law attorneys at Rabner Allcorn Baumgart & Ben-Asher, P.C. have extensive experience delivering innovative, strategic solutions to closely held businesses, entrepreneurs, entity equity holders, executives, senior sales personnel and service professionals in a wide range of industries in New Jersey.
The firm affords clients the caliber of attorneys found at larger law firms, while providing distinct advantages. Business attorneys at the firm are graduates of highly rated colleges and law schools and have worked for distinguished law firms. The firm offers reasonable legal fees and individual representation. Clients have regular, direct contact with the firm's accomplished attorneys who personally handle their concerns.
Serving a broad range of companies, industries and corporate leaders
The firm's business and entrepreneurial services group achieves the objectives of closely held businesses, their owners and executives in varied sectors of the economy. Our attorneys also help entrepreneurs grow their businesses and service the legal needs of their clients' ventures and investments. Executives trust us to assist them in obtaining appropriate compensation, including equity, in purchasing the businesses for which they work, or in starting a competing business. In addition, we perform a broad range of transactional services, including the purchase and sale of businesses and real property, as well as tax analysis.
Our attorneys in this area work closely with the firm's employment lawyers. They provide executives and others in senior positions with sophisticated advice concerning the implications of complex employment issues, including those involving equity, incentive compensation and bonus-related issues. The firm’s attorneys also represent employees, including those at the most senior level, with representation in contract negotiations, including negotiations in which equity in the company is, or should be, involved. The firm engages in litigation and negotiation to enforce employee or shareholder rights and to obtain relief from post-employment restrictive covenants.
Representing businesses and executives from start to finish
Business, employment and entrepreneurial attorneys at the firm:
- Resolve disputes with partners, shareholders, employees, employers, competitors and vendors
- Negotiate executive employment contracts and severance packages, including complicated matters such as Change in Control and equity issues
- Advise regarding implications of non-compete, non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements
- Advise on intellectual property issues when starting or growing a business
- Draft and help to enforce employment contracts and shareholders' agreements
- Provide representation concerning oppressed minority shareholder rights and business divorce litigation and negotiate resolutions for businesses and service professionals such as attorneys, accountants and physicians
- Assist management (individually or as a group) and/or third parties in acquiring all or part of an ongoing business, including providing legal advice on accounting and investment banking issues
- Assist managers in obtaining or collecting incentive compensation and profit-sharing or equity interests, including qualified or non-qualified stock options or grants
- Advise on structuring business ventures and transactions in the most advantageous manner under federal, state and international tax laws
- Structure agreements among equity participants in connection with the start-up, expansion or acquisition of closely held business entities
- Assist in the sale, purchase or restructuring of businesses
- Represent clients in the sale, purchase or lease of commercial real estate
- Prepare business and family succession plans
- Advise on long-term wealth preservation and management, coordinating with accountants and financial professionals
New Jersey business law attorneys
A History of Commitment in Representing Employees and Entrepreneurs
Clients rely on Rabner Allcorn Baumgart & Ben-Asher, P.C. for the drive and perseverance our attorneys provide and the results we produce in employment discrimination, whistleblower retaliation, sexual harassment and other employment-related cases, as well as in our comprehensive representation of entrepreneurs and small businesses in corporate and commercial matters. From our welcoming office in Upper Montclair, we serve all of New Jersey and also represent clients employed in New York.